Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A very Tad moment

I realized that a whole lot of people blog about their children. Some people have a flair that makes their blogs interesting. Or they just have kids that crack me up. And I realized that my niece and nephews make me laugh. Mostly Tad. So I thought of this one moment and wanted to share.



Tad has a plastic viking helmet. I think it was his brother's years ago, but he decided he liked it and it has come to live at our apartment. He wears it occasionally. But not often.



Well, he stayed with us the weekend we moved in here. And the ducks all over the complex were quite awesome to him so we walked around and fed them during the day. One day he wore his helmet on our walk. I told him he looked funny in it and he laughed. The next day we were getting ready for my cousin's birthday party. He likes it when his hair is spiky or in a mohawk so I asked him what he wanted for the day. He told me he wanted a mohawk. So I told him to go off and play while I finished my makeup. I finished, went to his room to get some socks or something for him, and called him to do his hair. He hopped into the bathroom wearing his viking helmet.



Me: Okay, take off your helmet. Let's do your hair.



Tad: But I want to wear my helmet.



Me: But if you wear the helmet you can't have a mohawk. It won't stand up.



Tad thought this out carefully, then looked at me and said, "But I wanna be funny." Like it was the most obvious answer in the world. I promptly died laughing.



And gave him a mohawk.

No comments: