Friday, August 15, 2008

My day

No fun stories for you tonight. Just lettin' you know how my day was.

It was good. The end.

Juuuust kidding. It sucked. The end.

Okay yeah, I'm kidding again. I totally didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Sucks that I didn't start getting my body used to early mornings again. Ugh... not looking forward to waking up Monday. Anyway, finally dragged my butt out of bed and took a shower. Did my hair in my cute braids (I lurve them) and went to my grandma's house.

This is my mom's mom, grandma Karen. Every Friday, my aunt Kathy goes over and they make an awesome lunch that aunt Kathy takes to my uncle and his coworkers. So I visited last week and thought I'd stop by again today. It might help that grandma feeds us when we're there... So I hung out with everyone (my youngest cousin was there too, she's funny). We caught up on everything. Grandma told me about her doctor's appointment (she broke her arm a few weeks ago, but she's healing quite nicely). Kathy talked about the antics of her children (three birth, two step - it's a full house). I talked about Tim passing his test and me starting school again.

Okay random interruption. My aunt Kathy totally robbed the cradle with her second marriage. Okay, maybe not totally, but my uncle Gil is closer to Tim's age than he is to Kathy's. So they totally get along like best friends. I try to convince Tim to call him "uncle Gil" just to weird him out. So Tim ran into Gil and the kids at a sports store this week and apparently Gil was gushing when he got home (they haven't hung out in a while, but they used to all the time when I watched Kathy's kids). So when I walked into grandma's today, Kathy said, "Gil said he saw Tim this week. It was all he could talk about all day." I laughed and said, "Yeah, they're totally gay for each other." We cracked ourselves up. Okay, continuing with my day...

Just chatted at grandma's. Filled each other in on things we didn't know about. Then Kathy and my cousin left. I stuck with grandma for a bit and found out my mom had the day off. Grandma was going to stop by to see which paint looked better in the bathroom (that my mom just repainted recently, but that's another story) so I decided I would go to mom's instead of coming home to roast in my hot apartment.

Went to mom's. We caught up on stuff, talked about some issues that I needed an update on, discussed what her plans are for the house now that my brother and I are both out. Grandma finally came by and agreed with us that the darker paint was better. Then mom and I ran errands. She really had the errands, but asked if I wanted to go. So I did. We went to Home Depot to get more paint and then mom got a hankering to go to the nursery nearby. Okay, my mom is dangerous at nurseries. She loves her yard and could easily spend hours looking at all the plants, flowers, fountains and whatnot at this nursery. So I helped her pick out some plants for some new pots (which she didn't even have yet) and she even bought me some new plants in the process. I made sure they're low maintenance because I have not had good luck with the plants I do have. While we were there my master teacher called me...

Oh. My. God. This woman sounds so fun and cute! I'm so excited for Monday now! We chatted for a bit, decided what time I should go in on Monday, and I just love her already. So yeah, definitely excited for this semester.

Anyway, check out of the nursery and head for the grocery store. Well, since my mom loves being a mom she of course bought me some groceries while we were there. Yay for mom! Because my PG&E bill for the month had me a little worried... We picked up some late lunch from the prepared foods while we were there. And bought the planters she had already bought plants for. I gotta say, even though I don't live there anymore, I am damn proud of my mom's house and its potential. She puts a lot of work into it and it shows. So bought our stuff, and headed home. Ate our super late lunch and then my brother showed up. We got to visit with him for a while. Then my mom started to paint and I decided I should probably get home before Tim so I could put the groceries away.

Came home, put groceries away, sweated and cursed the heat, then Tim came home. And we've mostly been vegging. We actually sat in the bedroom and talked about our days for an hour (it's at least five degrees cooler in there) then came out here and vegged. I made dinner (Tim helped) and now we're continuing the vegging.

So a decent day. Relaxing and not boring. Good for my last day of vacation, even if I wasn't productive. Whatev. Productivity is overrated.

No comments: