Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What are you wearing?

There are seriously some people who should ask for help when getting dressed in the morning. But I really can't fault them completely. I should blame Hollywood and designers. They could be considered at fault for the following things that I find horrendous, but there are some that are just plain stupid and I don't know where they came from.

1. Crocs: For toddlers, I'll let it slide, but I would never put any on Tad and let him out in public. For anyone over the age of five, there are only two reasons you should be wearing them. If you are out in your garden they are acceptable. They're easy to slide on and off and you can hose off the dirt. But leave them in your garden. Don't wear them to the store. You are also excused if you work in medical/dental and have to wear scrubs. Because I understand they are quite popular with that crowd. Wear away, but only with your scrubs. There's no reason to go to the store in them on your day off. Aren't flip flops just as easy?


2. Leggings: some people can pull them off, but not most of the people I see. And sorry Lohan, they should never be worn as pants. They are meant to go underneath other articles of clothing. And the shiny ones should be banished from the face of the earth.

3. Why, oh why, do guys still sag their pants? I don't want to see your underwear. And how do you put things in your pockets when they're down at your knees? That's a semi-serious question there.

4. Clear bra straps are stupid. When they're under something that mostly covers them, sure, I'll let you get away with it. But when you wear your clear bra straps with a strapless top or dress... ugh. I can't forgive you. They're clear, not invisible!

5. Girls, wear clothes that fit you. You aren't doing anything for yourself if you're squeezing into something a size or two smaller than it should be. You're actually drawing comparisons to a stuffed sausage. Yeah. You don't want those comparisons. Just buy the size you need. You'll look thinner if your stuff fits. No one else will even see the size so don't worry about it.

6. Okay, the hair that's bleach blonde on the top and black or seriously dark brown on the bottom... I don't get it. Really. It just looks sloppy. I don't know anyone who can pull it off. It doesn't look good! Pick a color and get some highlights if you have to, but don't look like a skunk.

7. On the topic of hair, don't let someone cut your hair with a lawnmower. All those emo kids with the hair that's about ten different lengths? Yeah, bad hair. I honestly refer to them as "lawnmower haircuts" Just stop.

8. Keeping with the theme of emo, boys... *sigh*... your pants should not be tight enough that we can see your testicles. Your stick legs look ridiculous. What's really sad is when your legs look better in those pants than your emo girlfriend's legs do. Ouch. Or when people can't tell if you're a boy or a girl.

Okay, so I think I'm done for now. I'll inevitably come up with something else that I hate though. Because I seem to hate a lot.

No comments: