Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Really Target? Really?

Soooo... I usually love Target commercials. But that could be because I love Target with every fiber of my being.

So imagine my dismay today when I did not enjoy a commercial. I actually was annoyed by it to be honest. Why you ask? Did they offend me? No.

They used the Jonas Brothers to sing the song and star in the commercial.

Really Target?

Now you might be thinking, how are the Jonas Brothers any different than the High School Musical kid? Um, they're HUGELY different. The Jonas Brothers have become ubiquitous. And I don't understand it.

They appeared on Dancing With the Stars last season. Perez Hilton has this annoying obsession with them and posts about them almost daily. They were in that lame-o movie Camp Rock. And sorry, but I just don't get what's so great about them. They're odd looking and not attractive (go ahead and wish bad things on me Angie, but they aren't).

So really Target? You had to buy into the hype and shove them down our throats more??? Ugh. I'd break up with you, but we both know I'll be back. Your dollar bins, your cute clothes, your great prices... *sigh* But you will be sleeping on the couch for a few nights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The next in the series! Ha ha! Groovy. I don't know really what you're talking about (Jonas Brothers? Huh?) but loving the allegory there (Target sleeps on the couch).