Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holy crap

Yeah, that's the only title for this post. I finally stayed home today, my wonkiness got to be too much. I've had a headache for three days now, have not wanted to eat at all, when I do eat I feel yucky, and I'm just all around exhausted. There's no fever, so I don't know what it is. But I finally took the day off.

So I'm sitting this afternoon, on my couch, doing nothing, and the principal at the school I'm at calls. She asked how I was doing and then told me she talked to her boss (remember the post from way back in September about the big visit and the guy who watched me teach a lesson?). Her boss asked about me (!!!) and said he was going to have some job openings and wanted to know if I was interested! So my principal gives me his number and tells me to call him in a few minutes, after she calls him back. I wait and try to mentally prepare myself for whatever might come.

So I call, and he's asking how it's going and what the status is on everything I need to get my credential. Thankfully we just got told all the important dates and stuff last week so I was able to tell him when I'll get my scores, when my exit interview is, and when my credential should be ready. So after telling him all of this, he tells me that there are several upper grade (5th or 6th grade) openings available. Like, as soon as I'm done! He told me the schools, and what's funny is I used to work at one of them. So we get some information down and get off the phone. I call my mom, super stoked. Then my other line starts ringing and it's him again. He got the okay to schedule interviews for me with the principals of the two schools!

I could actually have a real job in January!!!!

So now I just have to get all my paperwork together. I have class tomorrow at the university, so I'm going to go to my old advisor and ask him to help me prepare. But OMG! I'm dying, right now. So keep me in mind over the next month or so. I'm excited, but I'm also kinda scared right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's awesome news! I'd say "Good luck" but we both know you don't need it.