Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Just for fun

This was something Tim found the other night. We had a good laugh while looking up our birthdays and stuff. This site will give you the number one song on the day you were born. But we went further than just our birthdays. So here's some of the things we found...

My birthday song: "Physical" by Olivia Newton John. Great. One of the worst songs of the eighties and it was number one when I was born. Tim actually got my hopes up. He read 1982 instead of 1981 and told me that my song was "Maneater." At least I could get a laugh out of that one.

Tim's birthday song: "Tragedy" by the Bee Gees. Now you could take that title and run with it, but I won't. I'll be nice to my husband. I mean come on, he got stuck with a Bee Gees song.

Day of our wedding: "Touch My Body" by Mariah Carey. Ick. I hate that song. But yes, go ahead and laugh at the title of it and that it corresponds with our wedding day. Done laughing? Let's continue then.

Day of our first date: "A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson. Okay, I have to laugh at that one. It's just too cheesy and perfect for the day we met. I laughed and Tim looked ashamed to say it.

Day we actually decided to be exclusive: "Dilemma" by Nelly and Kelly Rowland. Ugh. Why did the song for that day have to be one that uses one of my most hated terms of "endearment?" That's right, it says "Boo." Stupid.

I also looked up some family members' birthdays. And there were some bad ones. I mean baaaad.

My brother's birthday: "Flashdance... What a Feeling" by Irene Cara. OMG, one of the worst songs and my poor brother got stuck with it. Why couldn't the Misfits have had a number one? Oh, right. Because then they would be popular, and we most likely wouldn't feel the same way about them.

My sis-in-law Kristen's birthday: "I Love Rock & Roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. Seriously? How come I couldn't get a good song like that???

My sis-in-law Beth's birthday: "Maniac" by Michael Sembello. Haha... the title says it all. Does it not?

I won't give you all of them. You should be looking up your own important dates now. Check out the site. It's a fun way to kill some time and come up with connections that you have to reach for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got "I Will Survive" for my birthday. I can live with that.