Monday, November 17, 2008

B is for...

B is for boy. Or boys.

I only have two nieces, but four nephews. I'm surrounded by boys. But when it comes to kids, I think I'll be better off with boys than with girls.

Now girls are cute. They have cuter clothes so they're more fun to shop for. They have hair you can braid and curl and do whatever with. They like princesses and sparkly things. What's wrong with those things? Nothing. But girls also grow up. They turn into drama queens. They get interested in boys. They worry about their appearance. They fight with their friends about the studpidest things. And if I have a daughter, she'll be as much trouble as I was in high school. I don't know if I can take that.

Boys are different though. Sure their clothes aren't as cute. But they're messier so that doesn't matter. And you can't curl or braid their hair. But they can have mohawks! They might not be into princesses (hopefully), but they love superheroes and cars. Those can be just as fun. And let's think about when they get older. Boys don't hate their moms in high school as much as girls do. And boys don't create drama. They're actually kind of oblivious to it all. Just ask Tim. They don't fight over girls. And when they do fight it's not the evil rumor-spreading that girls do. It's a couple punches and then they're over it.

I bring this up because it's possible that I may have twins one day. It's just the way it falls in the family. It's either me or Micah and I doubt she wants them (right MP?). If I have twins I really hope they're boys. Or one of each. I just couldn't handle two girls. One mini-me will be bad enough. Think about it, fighting over clothes, fighting over boys, fighting over who gets to be Cinderella for Halloween... I can't do it! I've already told my mom, Tim, and a few others, if I have twin girls I'm leaving one at the hospital. I don't want both. But actually, if any of you want the extra let me know.

Twin boys would be great. I can handle wrestling and fighting. Bumps and bruises are easier than the wounds that girls inflict. So maybe they'll fight over which race car or superhero they play with. Maybe they'll fight over who gets to be Batman. At least they won't come up with, "I'm prettier so I get to be Batman."

So bring on the boys! Although, I do want one girl. Just to dress up and stuff.

No comments: