Saturday, October 4, 2008

Today

Today is October 4th. No biggie for most of you, right?

Six years ago Tim and I went on our first date.

Not that we're dorks who are going to buy each other presents or anything, but we take note of it. The six years have gone flying by. When I met him I gained one nephew and a newborn niece. Now I have four nephews and two nieces. When we met I was slacking off at City College and he didn't know what exactly he wanted to do. Now I'm in my last semester of school and he has his radiologic tech license.

We actually met online. He was looking to start dating again after staying single because of a few ridiculous relationships (haha, now I can laugh at those stupid cheating brats because I got him!). I didn't even want a boyfriend, I just wanted to find some new people to hang out with. I had almost zero friends my age that lived in town. Plus I was kind of newly single so I just wanted to go out and have fun (my previous ex had been a whiny GIRL). I had even told my mom I wanted to go a whole semester without dating. Then about Labor Day weekend we started talking via email. That went for a while before he asked for my number. We talked once or twice then went to lunch. Wanna know exactly when he fell in love with me?

I opened the front door when he picked me up and he said, "There's spiderwebs on that wreath." (My mom had a twig wreath on the door.) Not missing a beat I told him, "Yeah, Halloween decorations."

Okay, maybe he didn't fall head over heels, but my quickness impressed him. Just ask him. He still loves it.

I'll cut this short because I really doubt all of you want to read a novel about our dating. But lunch was fun. We went to Friday's and Oakland happened to be in the playoffs so I gladly sat and watched baseball. Amazingly I wasn't freaking out nervous. I was instantly comfortable with Tim.

A few more dates (one near disastrous one at the fair that most of my friends have probably heard) and then on Halloween we decided to make it exclusive.

And even though there were ups and downs, I wouldn't change a thing about the last six years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SIX! Well that's crazy. Time does fly when your having fun! Ceniza...you and Tomathy are very special! Great story. Your both so lucky to have eachother : )