Friday, October 24, 2008

Quick note

I've been trying not to dive into politics on this blog because it's just a tough subject once you jump in. But I would like to clear something up for some of my local readers.

Prop 8 is on the ballot next month. It's the one about gay marriage. The controversy is that there are groups saying we will have to teach gay marriage in schools. A yes vote means you oppose gay marriage. Obviously the language it's written in is complicated, but that's the gist of it.

My husband asked me last night about the commercials we've been seeing. Mainly why a couple seem to be opposing each other. One suggests that teachers are NOT supporting prop 8. But there is another that states pro 8 is backed by the California Teachers' Association. So obviously, if my husband is wondering what the teachers actually support, a lot of other people probably are too.

The interesting thing I found out yesterday... apparently the head of the CTA has a verrry good reason for supporting prop 8. And he's really the reason it's being supported by the CTA. Conflict of interest much? If you don't get what I'm saying I'm not going to spell it out for you. Sorry. Just wanted to throw in that the CTA does NOT actually represent most of our local teachers accurately. And I'm actually pretty irritated that so much of their money went into supporting this proposition. We're talking a large amount that really could have been better spent elsewhere.

Vote what you want, I just wanted to let you know CTA is not actually the opinion of most teachers. It's pretty much the opinion of the head of it... and he's seriously biased.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments: