Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Confession

Ladies and gents...

I read comic books. On a regular basis.

I have friends who would argue this is not geeky or something worthy of a confession. But they're comic books. You all know the stereotypes. And I don't fit it. Therefore this is so worthy of a confession.

Now, in my defense the comics I buy every month are based on literature. I'm currently keeping up with the Dark Tower series, The Stand, and Ender's Game. All of which I'm loving. And if you haven't read the books themselves, do yourselves a favor and pick them up. All of them are in my favorites.

Regardless, I read comic books. Making me a geek.

That is all. I'm going to go push up my glasses and take my inhaler now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One day, oh nerdy friend of mine, you'll pick up something like Watchmen and you will never be the same... ha ha ha!

The stereotypes ARE changing, you know. Nothing legitimatizes the field like Hugh Jackman, Robert Downey Jr. and Christian Bale making kickass movies based on comic characters.