Thursday, October 23, 2008

Movies

I love movies. I'm pretty sure most of you know that. And my husband watching some of the crappiest excuses for horror movies known to man yesterday got me thinking?

What are some of the good ones?

Well, instead of all out horror, I threw in some movies that are a must around Halloween too. So here it is, my very first list on this blog...

1. It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - how can you NOT watch this one? It's a classic. Poor Charlie Brown and his bag of rocks...

2. Saw - okay, call the movie and it's sequels lame, but they're a semi-tradition with my husband and I. Our dating anniversary is actually on Halloween. (go ahead and groan) We saw the first one in the theater on Halloween. It was kind of our date. And we did that every year. Except last year when we spent it with Beth and the kids. So those movies are just on my list. Deal with it.

3. Hocus Pocus - you know, the one with Bette Midler. It's funny. And you could actually watch it with kids. It's just a cute movie for Halloween.

4. Cloverfield - can I count this? It's technically a monster movie. And monsters go hand in hand with horror. This movie still gets me at the end. I wanted to throw up and cry simultaneously in the theater (at the ending, not the camera work). The idea was original, and all the people who poo on it are just no fun.

5. The Mist - I loved the story by Stephen King. LOVED it. I was pretty stoked when the movie came out. And once I saw it I was enamored. Excellent job on not making it something completely different than the story. Some people didn't like the ending. I loved it. In a way that made me sick. Once again, didn't know whether or not I should throw up. I cried. That's for sure. I can't even begin to describe how I felt. You need to see it if you haven't already. NEED to see it.

I'll leave the list at five movies for today. Partly because I'm lazy. Partly because I need to finish correcting papers. Ahhh the life of a teacher...

No comments: