Thursday, May 13, 2010

Maybe A Little Obsessed...

So I have this application on my Facebook that I can use to keep track of the books I've read. A couple friends have it too so it's always interesting to see what my friends are reading. Especially since we came together because of a book group. But anyway...

I was updating it last night because I just finished a book and I realized something that made me laugh. I've read six books so far this year. All six of them have been vampire books.

Now, four of those are the Twilight series. The other two were from the House of Night series. So what's my next logical choice for reading material? My Sookie Stackhouse books of course. I wondered aloud to hubby if I could get away with reading solely vampire books this year. It would be pretty funny. I have eight books from this series. Depending on how busy I am, those could last me anywhere from four weeks to a couple months.

That's where I have a question for y'all. (And Claudia, you'll probably be most helpful here.) If I actually decide to be some kind of weirdo who spends the year reading only vampire books, what else should I pick up? It doesn't have to be a series, and it would be nice if the books were easy to find. So send me your suggestions.

**And actually, if I'm not around to reply to comments or emails, it's because I'm out of town until Saturday. But that doesn't mean I don't want your recommendations.**

1 comment:

MalContent said...

Well, it's sorta borderline, but there are vampires in some of the Dresden Files books I keep recommending. Also, since you like YA stuff, how about those books with the vampire happy face? I don't know anything about them but I *love* that logo. Also there are anthologies of short stories. You might discover some new authors that way. And that's all I got off the top of my head.