Tuesday, May 11, 2010

American Idol - Top 4

I remember last year's top 4. Because it was on Tad's birthday. And Allison and Adam did "Slow Ride" for the duet while Slash played guitar. Totally made Tad's night.

Anyway, tonight is songs from movies. Jamie Foxx is mentor (?!?). And we have duets again.

OMG Lee is singing "Kiss From A Rose!" I LOVED this song when it came out. His voice is perfect for it. Probably not his best, but I love it anyway. And I'll be voting for him tonight. Randy said it was just okay. He wanted him to be more rock apparently. Ellen said there could have been more done with the song, but she still loved him. Kara said it was a difficult song in the first place, but he's still great. Simon had been hoping for a better song choice and thought this performance was verging on karaoke.

Big Mike's turn. He's singing "Will You Be There." You have no idea how hard I laughed when he said that. My youngest nephew is OBSESSED with the movie Free Willy so I'm really sick of the song, haha. That said, Big Mike's voice is workin' for me. It sounds just different enough that I'm able to stomach it right now. Randy didn't love it for him. Ellen thought it was a little predictable. Kara was sitting there comparing it to past performances. Simon expected a better song choice.

First duet of the night: Crystal and Lee singing "Falling Slowly." I freakin' love this song. No surprise - LOVE LEE. And actually, I'm surprised to say that I like Crystal doing this song. Randy loved it. Ellen loved it. Kara loved it. Simon called it fantastic.

Casey is singing "Mrs. Robinson." He sounds good, but I'm way distracted by all the girls looking like they're about to wipe drool from their chins because they're so close to him. It's kind of funny. It's probably not his absolute best, but I like it. Randy decided to be a child and suggest that he picked the song because of Kara's crush. He liked it, but didn't love it. Ellen liked it and called Kara "Mrs. Robinson." Kara said it was a good choice. Simon didn't think the performance had the substance necessary for the top 4.

Crystal has the last solo performance. She picked "I'm Alright" from Caddyshack. Sorry, but it was the same exact Crystal for me. She sounded fine, but I wasn't thrilled. Randy liked it. Ellen said she made the song better. Kara agreed with Ellen. Simon said she's back in the game.

Casey and Big Mike's duet is last. And they're singing "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman." They sound really good together. And Casey is pretty stinkin' adorable. I like. Randy loved them together. Ellen made me die by saying, "As a matter of fact, yes I have loved a woman." A hundred points to her. Kara loved it. Simon echoed that the duets were better than the solo performances tonight. Which I totally agree with.

So tomorrow, I think either Casey or Mike will go home. But I'm not sure which. Now excuse me while I go vote for Lee a hundred times. Not that I did that last week or anything...

No comments: