Thursday, January 28, 2010

Late... No Surprise There

So I'm making a wreath for my door for Valentine's Day. This is unheard of because it's not a holiday I typically decorate for. But this year I'm all about it for some reason.

Anyways, I totally realized that I never showed you the wreath I made for Christmas! This is totally relevant because the wreaths are the same type.

So... tadaaaa!

Yeah, that's black tulle. And so many of you are probably thinking, "BLACK?! And what's with the green and purple???" Well, hubby and I have a Nightmare Before Christmas theme going on here for the holidays. Ornaments, fancy feather wreath for the mantle, little snow scene with figurines, and even a vampire teddy bear for the top of the tree this year! So the black and green and purple obviously fit in.

Here's a close up of the stuff I put in. Glitter ornaments are from a dollar store. So are the snowflakes. The ribbon I got for fifty cents a spool. Mom had the black tulle already. And I used a coupon for the styrofoam wreath that's under all that tulle. So it ended up being a really cheap project. And I LOVE how it turned out.

So like I said, currently working on a Valentine's Day wreath. But it's not going to be obnoxious pink or red tulle. I'm actually making it white. And I'll add in random pink and red stuff. It'll be cute. Maybe I'll get pics up next week. And I'll have to include Tad's window. He put up his little gel clings that I bought on clearance last year and they're looking mighty cute...

No comments: