Thursday, March 3, 2011

Top 12... But NO! Top 13

Ohhhh Idol. We had our ups and downs tonight. You had me yelling at my television. You met some of my predictions accurately and you had me screech in surprise a couple times. What on earth am I supposed to do with you at times like this?

First of all, why did we need a play-by-play of the previous two nights? Do you think that we haven't been watching? That we're blindly tuning in? Although I didn't mind seeing Casey again. :)

After some random interviews that were only mildly entertaining (thanks to Casey) we got down to business.

Scotty and Robbie were called. Scotty is in. I like this.

Next Clint, Jordan, and Jovany were called. If I had to root for anyone I was going to root for Jovany. But then - SHOCKER - none of them were put through. I may have fist-pumped the air at the two most conceited/bullying guys not making it. Maybe.

After that we went to some girls. First Pia and Lauren A. were called. I liked both so them together made me nervous. But they're both in. I doubly like this. I laughed when Lauren's mic caught her saying "I did NOT want to go up there with you!" to Pia.

Next was Ta-Tynisa and Julie. Both are out. I'm okay with this.

Kendra, Ashthon, and Karen came up afterward. I was thinking maybe Kendra and Karen would go through. Nope. Just Karen is in.

Now Tim, Casey and Jacob are up. I turned to hubby and said, "Casey and Jacob." Sho' 'nuf. Two points to Typhoid.

More girls. This time Naima, Lauren T., and Thia are called up. I had already done the math and figured out that only one would be safe so I said Thia. Right again. I like this very much.

Boys again. Brett and Paul. I wasn't sure how this would turn out. I thought Brett might be a favorite, but I really wanted Paul. So I crossed my fingers for Paul (and his stylin' jacket!)... and Paul is in!

Last two girls were Haley and Rachel. I knew it would be Haley. I think Rachel was too weird for people last night. Score another right guess for Typhoid.

Aaaaand last two boys were James and Stefano. I also called this one, even though it made me sad. I like both, but I knew it would be James. And it was.

So now we get to the wild card portion. The judges chose three guys and three girls to sing for some final spots. Each contestant sang a song of their choice. I took notes for each song, but they weren't detailed notes so let's just list each person along with a few words of my thoughts...
  1. Ashthon - definitely better than last night
  2. Stefano - my notes say, "Holy cow, KEEP HIM!" haha
  3. Kendra - she killed it
  4. Jovany - better than last night
  5. Naima - was it just me or did she get a shaky start?
  6. Robbie - um... all I have in my notes is a little heart, I loved him a little
After this I thought Kendra did the best so she was my pick for girls. For boys I couldn't pick between Stefano and Robbie. CONFESSION: I hopped online for a moment and saw that there was actually a twist that led to a final 13. So I assumed maybe both boys would make it through.

This is where my track record turned to crap.

But first the judges "weren't done" deliberating. Well how convenient! We just happen to have Jennifer's new video to premiere! Wow! I didn't enjoy the song. Sorry, Jennifer. And of course after the video - after Ryan has already mentioned we're short on time - we have ANOTHER COMMERCIAL BREAK. At this point I may or may not have shouted a bad word at Ryan. Maybe.

FINALLY we got down to it. And they buzzed through the contestants. Randy called Ashthon (to which I said, "Whaaat???"). Jennifer called Stefano (I had a happy sunshiny moment). Steven called Naima (again, "Whaaaat???"). Robbie was so consistent that he totes deserved a spot. Buuuuut nope.

So here's our Top 13 for the season.
  1. Scotty
  2. Lauren A.
  3. Pia
  4. Karen
  5. Casey
  6. Jacob
  7. Thia
  8. Paul
  9. Haley
  10. James
  11. Ashthon
  12. Stefano
  13. Naima
I suppose I'm just thrilled that Casey is in there. Anyone else exhausted after all that and more than ready for next week???

No comments: