Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Random Things...

Seeing as how I'm in Las Vegas this week (darn), I came up with some easy-to-write fluff before I left. So here's some randomness for you... having to do with the gym.

  • I know I mentioned wanting to look cute at the gym last Wednesday when I made my wish list. But don't go thinking I get all made up and make my hair look perfect too. The only time I wear makeup to the gym is if I already had it on and didn't have time to take any of it off. So I can't help but laugh at the women that come fully made up to work out. Honey, if you are exercising correctly, you should be sweating. Sorry, but the gym isn't the place to look ready for a beauty pageant.
  • Along the same lines, the girls who check themselves out amuse me. Not the ones who glance to make sure their form is correct when they're lifting weights. I'm talking about full-blown checking themselves out and fixing their hair. And I've seen it. It just looks ridiculous.
  • Maybe I'm weird, but I absolutely love when the treadmill tells me, "Great Workout!" after I'm done. It would tell me that whether I finished a thirty-minute mile or a ten-minute mile, but I like it.
  • I get really annoyed when the cleaning staff cleans around me. Like, they are vacuuming within centimeters of my feet or wiping down the machine that I am using. Seriously. Could you wait? Or maybe just leave me alone? I don't know about the rest of you, but my allergies make the smell of most cleaners almost unbearable. So I don't want it sprayed that close to me while I'm breathing heavily. Too much to ask?
  • I always laugh when someone races to take the parking spots right in front of the doors. I've seen people get cut off several times. Because God forbid you have to walk more than six feet to get into the gym... WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO WORK OUT. Um, walking is free people. Park a little farther and call it your warm-up.
  • There's a woman I've seen at the gym a couple times and I think I have a gym crush on her. She has amazing arms. And she is HARD CORE when she works them out. I want to be her best friend.

That's all for now. There are other little things that irritate me. Like the guys that stare and such. But those are just random observations about the gym. I think my favorite is the treadmill complimenting me on my workout. Seriously, I wait until I see those words to move on with my workout.

1 comment:

Princess Slutty Pants said...

Seriously, your hilarious!!!!!