Tuesday, March 9, 2010

American Idol - Top 8 Girls

Okay, I actually have time to watch this tonight! Even though Comcast is being a butt face and not recording my other show for me right now. I wish there was another affordable option...

So Katie Stevens is first, singing "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson. She sounds good, but kind of average. Randy thought Kelly's version was better. Ellen didn't "feel" it, but liked the song choice. Kara talked about how she doesn't know who she is as an artist. Blah blah blah... Simon wasn't impressed.

Siobhan Magnus picked "House of the Rising Sun." She sounds really good tonight. I'm not sure if I'm a fan or not, but I like this performance. Randy loved her. Ellen loved it. Kara loved it. Simon actually didn't.

Lacey Brown is singing "The Story." She sounds good. I think better than last week. It seemed more her style. Randy called it her best performance in a long time. Ellen loved it. Kara said is was a brilliant choice. Simon liked it.

Katelyn Epperly is singing "I Feel the Earth Move." The song is major elevator music to me. She sounds good, but I'm just not a fan of the song. Randy said there wasn't anything special about it. Ellen wasn't sure it was enough. Kara said it felt like she was just going through the motions. Simon compared her to a lounge or restaurant singer.

Didi Benami picked "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac. I like this song. And she sounds pretty good. Randy thought it was a whole lot better than last week. Ellen liked it. Kara called it one of her favorite moments of the season so far. Simon loved it.

Paige Miles sang "Smile." Not good. I'm really not sure why she picked this song. It's rough. Randy said it didn't work at all. Ellen said it wasn't the right song. Kara called it all wrong. Simon thought it was a horrible choice.

Crystal Bowersox picked "Gimme One Reason To Stay Here." She sounds good. That's really all I have to say. Randy said that she's what the show is about. Ellen called it best performance of the night. Kara thought it was a great song choice. Simon is positive she'll be in the Top 12.

Lilly Scott sang "I Fall To Pieces" by Patsy Cline. Meh. I don't really love it. Hubby definitely doesn't love it. He just busted out with a loud, "NOPE." Randy liked it. Ellen loved it. Kara thought she made it current (I have to disagree). Simon called her brave, but said it didn't have a wow factor.

Soooo... going home. Paige? Unless she's got a huge fan base who doesn't care how she sounds. But I would pick her to go. Maybe unfortunately Katelyn or Didi.

And with that, I'm going to plot to kill Comcast. Because apparently our receiver has gone to SH*# again. AGAIN. I'm going to be giving someone an earful.

No comments: