Tuesday, March 16, 2010

American Idol - Top 12

Okay, so they're doing Rolling Stones this week. And I'm just gonna jump in.

Big Mike - "Miss You" - He sounds good. And he looks like he's having fun. Randy loved it. Ellen said it was the way to start the night. Kara liked it. Simon thought he sang it well, but the dancing was corny.

Didi Benami - "Play With Fire" - This is a good son. I think she sounds good. There were a couple parts where she didn't sound perfect, but overall I like her a lot. Randy called it one of her best performances. Ellen thought she was great. Kara liked it. Simon called it a "solid" performance.

Casey James - "It's All Over Now" - Okay, I really like this song. He sounds good. It seems like it's totally his style. Randy loved it. Ellen made a gay joke and I cracked up. She thought it was fantastic. Kara called him a rock star. Simon thought it was like an audition and he didn't "use the stage."

Lacey Brown - "Ruby Tuesday" - I like her voice. And I mostly like her doing this song, but there were a couple spots that were a little rough. Still good, but not great. Randy was "pleasantly surprised." Ellen was meh. Kara was "fifty-fifty" on it. Simon said it was okay and told her to stop "over-thinking" her performances.

Andrew Garcia - "Give Me Shelter" - Another good song. This is probably one of my favorite ones by the Rolling Stones. He sounds good, but I don't know if he wows me tonight. Randy called it pitchy. Ellen thought it was his best performance yet. Kara didn't feel a connection. Simon thought something didn't connect. He's in the middle, but hopes Andrew is still around next week.

Katie Stevens - "Wild Horses" - Hubby joked that there's no way she actually knows who the Rolling Stones ARE. She is a young'n. She sounds pretty good. She's got a seriously big voice and it fits the song. Randy thought it was a strong performance. Ellen thought once she got into it she sounded amazing. Kara liked it (I think?). Simon thought she chose the right song.

Tim Urban - "Under My Thumb" - He's playing his guitar. That seems like it makes him better, or at least more confident. I like him. He's not outstanding or anything, but I still like him. And I'm kinda digging the arrangement (but I enjoy some reggae). Randy "didn't get it." Ellen said there was nothing wrong with it, but it didn't wow her. Kara keeps referring to Ellen and Randy as "the guys." It's bugging me. She said like it or not, he made it his own. Simon said it didn't work.

Siobhan Magnus - "Paint It Black" - She actually picked my all-time favorite. The beginning of the song was weird for me. It was... music box-y or something. Then she switched and went closer to the original. I like it now. I still don't love it, but I do like it. Which is saying a lot for how much I like this song. And she has a great voice, I will give her that. Randy said it was hot. Ellen said she stands out "like Snooki's poof." I cackled. Kara compared her to Adam Lambert. Simon called it the standout performance of the night.

Lee Dewyze - "Beast of Burden" - GREAT song choice for him. I think his voice is perfect on this song. I actually love it instead of just liking. Randy thought it was one of his better performances. Ellen liked it a lot, but expected a little more. Kara just said that he's growing each week (so she liked him?). Simon said he's holding himself back and hasn't had "a moment."

Paige Miles - "Honky Tonk Woman" - I'm not a fan of her, but she actually sounds really good on this song. I still don't think I'm a fan, but at least now I feel like she deserves to be in this. Randy liked it. Ellen said she has great star quality and sounded great. Kara liked her (again, I think). She's been handing out backhanded compliments. Simon said she still hasn't connected.

Aaron Kelly - "Angie" - Just have to throw in: what's up with his hair? Not diggin' it. That said, he picked a good song. And he sounds pretty decent. I'm just not a fan so I'm not super into it. Randy liked it. Ellen thought it was a great song choice and said the performance stood out. Kara said it was powerful. Simon said it was the right song.

Crystal Bowersox - "You Can't Always Get What You Want" - Okay, she sounded pretty stinkin' great. As soon as Ryan said she was singing this song I figured she would do it well. She's legit. Randy loved it. Ellen said she added personality and she loved it. Kara agreed that she loosened up and she was easy to watch. Simon was meh.

Ummmm... so Tim maybe? Or Didi. I'm not sure who's going home. We shall see tomorrow.

No comments: