Monday, August 17, 2009

It's Here

August 17, 2009.

My little guy is starting Kindergarten today.

I am freaked out and excited. I am worried and proud.

Tim and I took a huge role in helping Beth with Tad. It was never forced on us, or asked of us. We just had this bond with him instantly. He was "ours."

So I feel a little bit like a mom sending my firstborn off to school. I'm sad that he's not a baby anymore. I'm worried about all the things I can't control. What if he isn't as ready as I think he is? What if he doesn't like his teacher? What if there's a bully in his class? What if he doesn't make friends? What if he just misses home?

I know there are probably plenty of moms that do this on the first day of school. I just didn't expect to feel it this much.

So excuse my quietness and seriousness today. I'm going to orientation with my little man. And tomorrow he'll be on his own for his first full day of school.

And I'll sit and wonder how the hell I'm going to do this with my own kids one day.

No comments: