Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yuck

Today is supposed to reach 101 degrees.

It's May. This is not acceptable.
I have a love/hate relationship with summer. One the one hand, there are beaches to visit, cold beer, barbecues, polished toenails, cute sandals, and steamy summer romance (unless you're married, in which case you live vicariously through other friends).

On the other hand, there's heat so intense that you can fry eggs on the hood of a car, your comfy couch becomes an unbearable pile of fabric and stuffing that makes you sweat, you feel the need for three showers a day, and now, in the case of my hair, you realize that bangs SUCK when you can feel your forehead sweating under them.

Needless to say, I am so not ready for it this year.

And since I'm talking about weather in general, I thought I'd share this picture with you. Because it does involve weather. But mainly because you need to see the... outstanding... newscasts we get on one of our local stations.


Did ya notice the problem? "Patcy fog?" The fires in "Santa Barbar?" Yup, this station regularly screws up. And doesn't seem to care. I should go take it over and demand they quit being morons...

1 comment:

Mal said...

Welcome back to blogging! I guess if you can do it, so should I. I do have some bloggage to take care of (slight understatement).

That TV network thing is just sad. But it's awesome you caught it on camera, ha ha!