Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Spoke Too Soon

Just when I think I have nothing to write about... stupidity rears it's empty head. Oh America, as long as your people continue being... well... dumb, I will never run out of things to write about.

Today, I give you states that are ordering "neutral face expressions" at the DMV. Know what that means?

YOU CAN'T SMILE FOR YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE PICTURES!

I'm not lying. The article can be found here, via USA Today.

Apparently smiles throw off some face-recognition software that some DMVs are using. So much for "high-tech." A smile throws the whole thing off? Perhaps it was thought up by those thuggish types that refuse to smile for any pictures... ever. Wait, that would indicate that the thuggish types can invent things. Ha!

The four states that have adopted this ridonkulous policy are Arkansas, Indiana, Nevada, and Virginia. Darn you Nevada! You were a backup plan if hubby and I decide to leave California!

Are criminals going to be allowed to provide a mugshot? Because that's essentially what these new license pictures will look like.

No comments: