Monday, May 25, 2009

Movie Review

Hubs and I went to see Terminator: Salvation tonight. Actually just got back (gotta love the theater being twoish blocks from where we live).

GREAT start to the summer. Best movie ever? Nah. Good use of our money? Yup.

Guys: all the action is there. Good story (not hard to follow as I've seen some people say). MORE than made up for T3 (which I didn't see, but don't need to).

Ladies: Christian Bale and Sam Worthington. That alone will make any functioning female happy. I love me some Bale. Sam Worthington was more of a pleasant surprise. Don't get me wrong, I didn't go just for the eye candy. I like guns and explosions just as much as hubby does, so I enjoyed that aspect as well.

Admittedly, there were bits and pieces that left something to be desired. A few characters and the subsequent relationships were a little rushed. There's also a part that would have been more powerful given some stronger development (sorry, don't want to give anything away to y'all). But I was not bored or confused for a second. Which happens more than it should with some movies...

I did roll my eyes once. And giggle a couple times. There are a few little shout outs to the previous movies. Which were definitely fun, and not overdone in any way. Just more pleasant surprises along the way. It was also funny to hear the teenagers behind us be clueless about why these things were there in the first place. That's what happens when you don't catch up with things from before your time...

Overall, solid B. Possibly a B+. Hubby says B+, possibly A-. Good enough that it could earn a second viewing (if there weren't at least ten other movies we're looking forward to). If you want to get out to the movies aren't into mutants or space travel, check this one out.

1 comment:

MalContent said...

Right on, welcome aboard the review train!

Did you see what I meant about the main character, though?