Monday, May 18, 2009

Dancing - The Finals

Honestly, it's about time. I don't know what it is, but I don't know if I was feelin' it this season like I used to. And I'm kind of ready to have my Monday nights back. Although FOX will probably air So You Think You Can Dance on those nights...

They're starting off with each couple dancing the paso doble. And since the judges want to prove to America that they know something, each judge will visit and coach a couple through it.

And of course the dancing doesn't start until AFTER the first commercial. Hello time-wasting.

Shawn and Mark look good. I always feel like I'm watching a little kid when I'm watching Shawn. She just looks like such a baby. Judges' score: 28

Melissa and Tony were good, like always. I don't know if I was wowed. Judges' score: 29

Gilles and Cheryl were hot. But I've made it known that Gilles has become my favorite. I'm just really impressed with the way he can pass for a pro at times. It's the clean lines he makes with his arms. Judges' score: 30

So now we get to the freestyles! Those can be fun, no clue what to expect from these couples.

Shawn and Mark are up first. Okay, the garbage bag outfits were freakin' me out (as Tad would say). She actually looks like she's having a lot of fun, which is cute. They're super cute, and fun. And making me tired just watching them. But honestly... I've seen more impressive ones. Judges' score: 30

Melissa and Tony are up now. Tony's shirt is totally gay, I just have to say it. And this song is so amazingly old it takes me back... it was fun. There were a ton of tricks and lifts and throws, but I don't know if I loved it. I felt like there were more tricks than actual recognizable steps. Judges' score: 27

And now are Gilles and Cheryl. Okay, Cheryl just creates fun routines. OMG, he had such a Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing moment!!!! I loved it, I smiled from beginning to end. He needs to win. So cute. Judges' score: 28

Okay, it's obvious, but I want Gilles to win. He's totally consistent and amazing. I'm going to miss the finale tomorrow (I can only watch/record two things at once, and this is at the bottom of the totem pole). But I'll catch highlights for sure.

No comments: