Monday, May 18, 2009

Adventures in Baking

So since I've been gone (ooh, totally started singing Kelly Clarkson in my head) I've obviously been baking. It's what I do! I had one paid party, then I had my nephew's birthday, then cookies for a birthday party. *whew* Been busy.
So of course I must share.
Smash cake for a friend's son. His first birthday was Curious George and I had SO MUCH FUN making his cake and cupcakes! They were adorable!
Here's the little George cupcakes. There were also some solid colors you can see below.
Group shot! I absolutely loved these things! I might want a Curious George birthday!


And on the tower at the party. I'm so glad I put the balloons on the sides of his cake, they match so perfectly!


Then Tad turned five (on Cinco de Mayo) so I had to make him a birthday cake. He requested a Veggie Tales cake which I was happy to do. And as you can see, he loved it.



Then I had to make my semi-famous sugar cookies for Tad and Cole's joint birthday party the day before Mother's Day. This year I decided that all the kids get them for their birthday. Cole's the sporty one so he needed some fitting colors and shapes.



And Tad wanted bones and dinosaurs. Anything for my Tad! I was pretty thrilled with them.
And now coming up I have cupcakes and cookies for the same party. My youngest niece is turning one! And my sister asked if I can do some butterfly themed cupcakes. Then of course there's the cookies that all the kids get. I'm super excited! I love girly themes! And if my camera continues cooperating with my computer, you know pics will be here shortly after the party.
If you're local and interested in treats for a party, email or comment me and we can discuss.

1 comment:

MalContent said...

What I am is hungry now. Thanks.

But what's a "smash cake"? I mean, I see what it is but why "smash cake"? Is it supposed to be smashed?