Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol... the Winner Is...

So I'm behind on this. I was out and am now playing catch up on the DVR. I'll probably catch up by the end. For now, you get me in the form of rambling musings...
  • What is up with Randy's bow tie? No. Just... no.
  • Ew, why is Janice Dickenson there? Ick.
  • Top 13 number was good. I find it funny that that particular song was also used in Dancing With the Stars on Monday night.
  • Still love David Cook. Not in a lusty, swoony way, but I still enjoy his singing. Very much so.
  • These stupid Idol "awards" are just that - stupid. And mean. And a total time waster. I'd much rather have more performances.
  • Ugh. And then they bring that freak Nick Mitchell back? Time to hit fast forward.
  • Queen Latifah + Lil Rounds = meh
  • Very happy with Jason Mraz (gonna see him open for DMB) with Anoop and Alexis.
  • EEEE! Kris Allen with Keith Urban?! I heart Keith Urban!! I saw him in concert!
  • Oh yes, I heart him so much. In his tight jeans. Hubby would NEVER EVER wear those. Not even for money.
  • Laughing at the girls singing Glamorous. Especially my little Allison in her big ol' combat boots.
  • Damn Fergie. First of all, her face should be removed from her amazing body. They do not match. Second of all, she married my boyfriend Josh Duhamel. Third of all, I really want to hate her music, but I can't. So damn her.
  • Used to LOVE the Black Eyed Peas. And I am actually enjoying this song. If I hear it a second time I will probably find it annoying.
  • What is up with Fergie's "claws?" If that's fashion, I'm appalled.
  • Oh Lord. I could have done without seeing that skank Bikini Girl again.
  • Did she get implants? Her boobs look bigger.
  • Oh yup, Ryan just implied it.
  • I love that she is totally getting a good amount of boos from the audience.
  • I also love that SHE IS TOTALLY SUCKING WHILE SHE ATTEMPTS TO SING.
  • PWNED!!!! I love that Kara is totally showing her up. And I hate Kara. But she's still better than Bikini Skank.
  • OMG SHE RIPPED HER DRESS OPEN! BEST FINALE MOMENT EVER!!!!
  • Yay!! Allison and Cyndi Lauper! I'm flashing back to loving her in the eighties.
  • I just realized I am so not going to catch up and finish live. But that's okay, because I accidentally found out who won already.
  • Haha, I don't know why, buy Danny singing Lionel Richie amuses me. But he actually sounds really good.
  • Did Danny pick up a couple dance moves? He doesn't look as goofy dancing with his song.
  • Ohhh that outfit. Ummm... it's very Adam. That's all I can say.
  • Ahahahaaaaa! KISS!
  • Adam is so perfect for this. I am absolutely loving it.
  • Just noticed Adam's GINORMOUS PLATFORMS. So him.
  • I'm sitting home alone and that was so good that I STILL uttered an expletive aloud to myself.
  • Santana... yup, I'm old enough to enjoy him.
  • Like Matt with him.
  • LOVE that they transitioned to Smooth. It's a total perfect song for summer.
  • Kris has a little salsa/cha cha step going. It's cute.
  • Steve Martin on the banjo. I actually knew it was coming.
  • Megan Joy actually sounded decent.
  • So lame that they had the boys sing If You Want My Body.
  • Ugh. Tatiana.
  • I liked Kris doing Queen. Then Adam chimed in. And I changed my mind.
  • Just had a thought, my mom is probably so excited to see the members of Queen. She LOVED them.
  • It's cute how these guys are totally buddies.
  • Wow, Simon thinks they're both "brilliant." That's quite the compliment.
  • Almost 100 million votes. That's just ridiculous.
  • Kris almost looked fake shocked.
  • Oh, he just can't believe it.
  • Wow, they get a trophy now.
  • Haha, his wife looks like she wants to throw up.
  • I really wish they had written something better for the winner.
  • Awwww, Allison loves Adam. They need to do a whole album together.
  • Kris sang it better tonight than he did last night.

And that's it. I'm surprised, but I'm not. Oh, and I just now saw him hugging his wife. Now it looks like it hit him. But back to being not so surprised. Kris was good, but I really do feel like Adam was probably better. I didn't vote so I don't care much and I'm not about to cause a stink. And it's not like I'm going to run out and buy either of their albums when they come out.

Thoughts? Mom? We'll discuss tomorrow while we catch So You Think You Can Dance. Readers, I may blog that one. Not sure yet.

No comments: