Thursday, May 28, 2009

SYTYCD - more auditions

Alrighty, last night of auditions? Then next week is Vegas. I can handle that.

8:03 - Bianca made it right up to the point of "yes or no" last year, and didn't make it to the top 20. I don't remember her though. She's tapping tonight and she's pretty good. She's through to Vegas.

8:06 - Okay, these siblings (Brynelle and Xavier) are waaaay too close for me. If people mistake you for a couple... YOU ARE TOO CLOSE! They look kind of... chaotic? Their moves are wobbly at times. And the lifts are SO awkward. They obviously aren't going through.

8:15 - I missed this girl's name. She's a bigger girl and looks like she really wants to try. But she's not good enough to get through.

8:17 - And now we have weird auditions. It's a lot of made up stuff for the most part. You can't just move randomly and call it dancing.

8:19 - Calico is a swing dancer. She's obviously having fun, but she isn't great. She's not getting through.

8:21 - Adam (judge) got up and danced with her. Attention whore, haha.

8:28 - Couple: Asuka and Ricky. They made it to Vegas last year, but neither made top 20. They're super good.

8:31 - Kinda jacked, the judges are all but worshipping Asuka and kind of doing that "oh yeah, you were good too" for Ricky. They're both through.

8:32 - Bunch of good people.

8:33 - Emergency Alert System. Sweet. Severe thunderstorm warning! I so hope so! But I'd like to get back to the show now.

8:35 - Totally missed this kid's dance. The judges liked him so I'm assuming he was pretty awesome. He's only seventeen though so he isn't eligible. Nigel is SO giving him a ticket to Vegas for next season!

8:42 - Now we're being interrupted by our local news losers (this is the network I spoke of previously). I was already told about this thunderstorm that probably won't even happen here!!

8:43 - Aaaand now that we get back to the show I get the beeping with a message at the top. So I can't hear what's going on. All I know is the guy has some red hair and the few seconds I saw of him were good.

8:45 - They didn't hand him a ticket so I'm assuming he has to do choreography.

8:45 - Weird skinny girl. She's interesting... but I don't know why she chose to look so... eighties. Okay, now she's just weirding me out.

8:47 - OHGOODGOD! We have another alert. THERE BETTER BE A FLIPPIN' TORNADO IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEND FOUR WARNINGS MY WAY IN LESS THAN TEN MINUTES!!!

8:49 - Another poor nameless girl because of the alert. She's good. And cute. Wonder if she's single and likes guys with long hair... Oh, her name is Amanda. She made it through.

8:53 - Fifth alert. This one is hitting during a commercial though. And oddly enough, I don't see any of the stuff they're talking about. We have barely a breeze and not many clouds at all.

8:56 - I actually remember this guy from last year! Phillip is going straight to Vegas without dancing because he was through last year but couldn't go because he got pneumonia.

8:57 - Phillip is also partnering with his friend Arielle. Which he doesn't do. But he learned it for her. She's good, but I keep watching him. She's going to Vegas.

9:01 - A few good dancers. All going to choreography.

9:02 - Okay, this guy apparently dances like Shakira? I'm scared. I'll give the guy the fact that he can actually move his hips. But seriously, that's all he's doing. Hip shakes and pelvic thrusts. AND THE CAMERA KEEPS SHOWING HIS CROTCH! Ick.

**Having this show be two hours long makes for a blog that is entirely too long.**

9:06 - Choreography round. Sammy (the kid with red hair that I missed) is through to Vegas.

Okay, sixth weather warning. And as I write this we're getting a seventh. And all I see is lightning in the distance.

And my brother-in-law is here. So I'm quitting the blogging for tonight. But I WILL write about Sex when he makes his appearance...

Okay, I'm back. And we're finally getting some lightning! Woohoo!!! But back to dancing...

Leonid is very similar to Sex in his manic style. And he and Sex are totally going to battle! I feel like I should feel bad for being amused by this. Oh you have no idea how hard I'm laughing over here. I'm sure my neighbors think there's some insanity going on here. Awww... Sex is too tired to keep going. Leo totally won according to the judges. Well, the girls. Nigel was rooting for Sex.

HOLY COW NIGEL IS LETTING SEX DO CHOREOGRAPHY!!! Awww, now I feel bad. He is so lost.

Well, the thunder is kicking in over here and my cable is starting to freak so I'm out for the night. Vegas next week, and I'll be back.

1 comment:

MalContent said...

Wait, confused. When you were talking about Sex, I totally assumed you meant your brother's band... Now I'm...guessing...not?