Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sorry for the seriousness

This one will be a quickie. I had something written out and then changed my mind about it when I woke up this morning.

Everyone knows what today marks. And if you don't, then you either weren't impacted enough to remember, too young to remember, or have a bad memory. I remember. I've remembered every year.

I'm not going to launch in to what the attacks meant for our nation. Were we paranoid after the fact? Probably. Have we finally let some of the paranoia die? Possibly.

I will say that even if you weren't directly affected by the attacks you should still care that they happened.

So stop for a minute today. Read a blog. Hug your kids. Hug a firefighter or police officer. Hug a soldier. And if you're the praying type, say a quick prayer.

Don't treat today like it's meaningless.

No comments: