Monday, September 8, 2008

Politics

Okay, so I'm not about to get into my views here, but I will say that things have gotten quite ridiculous.


I understand that if you and someone else are competing for the same position you want to be the one looking better. But if this was a job interview at a bakery, would you really bring up the personal things that your competitor was going through? No, because how is that even relevant?


The media has been having a field day ever since John McCain announced Sarah Palin as his running mate. And do you know how much has been positive? Well, I haven't seen much. Are you really going to hold it against her that she has a Downs Syndrome child and continued to *gasp* do her job?! And so what if her teenage daughter is pregnant? Have teenage girls never gotten pregnant before? It's not unheard of in this country.


Not that news outlets read my little ol' blog, but I'd like to think enough intelligent people do to really take note of what I'm saying. The mudslinging has got to stop. It's reached the point where it isn't even relevant to how the politicians would do their jobs. Write your papers. If they're anything like mine they're ridiculously biased and don't hide it. Tell people you're sick of it. Refuse to buy into the crap.


I swear I'm buying my own island nation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been wistful about the island myself! I'll help with the purchase! I'm not into politics (largely because of mudslinging, actually), but just the bureaucracy involved in having a car is ridiculous!