5 Things I Just Don't Get (and I'm not sure I want to)
- Lady Gaga - I've talked about how much I don't like her before, haven't I? Well, if I haven't, guess what? I don't get it or like it. Please tell me I never liked anyone that weird, mom. The clothes (although I should probably say costumes), the super annoying "music," and the cult following. HUH???
- Justin Bieber - I don't think this kid had even made a video or been on the radio yet and all of a sudden I'm constantly hearing his name. Apparently he sings? I haven't listened to anything. I've seen pictures and all I can tell you is that his hair is too long and he wears some funky shoes. And my girls at church loooove him. *sigh*
- E! Network "reality" shows - So I was never a fan of the Kardashians. You should not be "famous" because you made a sex tape and have a ginormous butt. Now they have this new show, "Pretty Wild." Sisters who don't mind walking around half-dressed, whine about life, and - oh yeah - one of them was part of the Hollywood burglary group (they broke into a lot of young stars' homes). And we GIVE THEM A SHOW?! Yeah, because that makes perfect sense.
- Kids' Sports - I have beef with this because my oldest nephew has been practicing SEVEN DAYS A WEEK. He's eight years old. They had practice during spring break. There's something wrong with that. Aren't they supposed to be having fun?
- Weathermen - I'm only unhappy with them over the past week. They've been more wrong than usual. Which tells me that any literate person who's mildly appealing to the eye can be a weather forecaster. Maybe THAT'S my calling!!!