Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wow

Growing up I felt like I had a big family. My parents each have three siblings. Then I had all my cousins. It always felt like a lot of people to me.

Then I got married.

I ended up with parents, step-parents, grandparents, four more siblings, over ten aunts and uncle, and close to one hundred cousins.

Hubby has a big family. And that's an understatement. But I like having a ton of family. So today, that's what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful that I have the chance to go visit my family, even far away. We were able to go visit my grandpa a couple years ago in Alabama. And I'm hoping to swing in for a visit when we go to Florida next year.

I'm thankful for siblings that I love spending time with. And for the fact that my brother and I have become closer as we've grown up. I also love that we have the same hair.

I'm thankful for friends that are part of the family right now. Leon (on the left) and Scott (on the right, grabbing my face) have been part of our lives for over ten years. I've known Leon for more than half my life now. They're just a couple more brothers for me. And I love it.

I'm thankful for my boys. My husband, dad, brother, and Tad. They're always entertaining. Especially last Christmas when they all got lightsabers and started a battle.

And I'm thankful for my sisters. I didn't have a sister growing up even though I had some cousins that were pretty close. And when I met hubby, I was petrified about meeting his sisters. Because I didn't get along with a lot of girls. But I love his sisters. We're close enough that we just drop the "in-law" title. And Beth and I have shouted "sissy" at each other more than once.

I'll finish with the thankful list tomorrow. And the wish list that normally shows up today, will show up Friday. Because, duh, it's Black Friday and you guys will need to know what to buy me...

No comments: