Friday, November 6, 2009

Bust Out the Tissues

I know it's Friday, and I normally like to keep things upbeat around here, but I couldn't help it today. Hubby showed me this story late last night and I had to post it in the hopes that I have good friends and readers who will spread the word.

Five-year-old Noah Biorkman is celebrating Christmas this weekend. He was diagnosed two years ago with Stage IV neuroblastoma (the most common type of childhood cancer). He went into remission, but relapsed last fall. He's not expected to make it to Christmas, but told his parents he wanted Christmas cards. They decided that they're going to celebrate this weekend.

So send your Christmas cards!!! Hubby and I are sending one, he's taking one to work for everyone to sign, and I have plenty of others if anyone is interested (I can come by work if you want, mom). It's such a little thing to do today. And if it makes a little boy happy, why not do it? Seriously, take a couple minutes today and send Noah a card. Then count your blessings if you have healthy children at home.

Send cards to:
Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178

No comments: