Thursday, June 11, 2009

Music Week: Songs I'm Ashamed to Like

I could use the phrase "guilty pleasures" here, but I'm not sure it fits the bill for each song. I actually own most of these songs through one method of acquisition or another.

1. Buttons by The Pussycat Dolls * Okay, I'm actually ashamed to admit I even like them. But I just do! I know they're skanky, I know they're a horrible example for little girls, but their music is just catchy! And of course this is one of the worst possible songs, which is why I chose it.

2. If U Seek Amy by Britney Spears * Yes, the song is arguably nasty. But I can't help but sing along with it. That girl makes 'em catchy.

3. Fergalicious by Fergie * Everyone knows I have issues with Fergie. She has an amazing bod with a face worthy of a paper bag. The song is stupid, but I just can't help turning it up and singing along. Even my cousin is ashamed to love it so much!

4. Ring of Fire, the version sung by Adam Lambert * I'm only ashamed of this one because it's a Johnny Cash song and I feel like I should be so loyal to the man that I throw out funky remakes. But I LOVED it when he did it on the show. It's so different and he was so good... sorry hubby. I know you don't approve.

5. Lips of an Angel by Hinder * I won't beat around any bushes here. It's a song about cheating. It's whiny emo sound. But I like it.

6. Just Dance by Lady Gaga * Let's get something straight: I AM NOT A FAN OF THIS WEIRDO. Her constant state of pantslessness, her funky hair, her trannyishness... not a fan. But this song is catchy. And I hate her for that.

7. Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas * Remember when the Peas used to be good? Yeah, I can barely remember that too. This song is so... I can't even describe it. My nephew could write it. That's how much there is too it. But when I saw them perform it on Idol, I sadly enjoyed it. And I regret to say that I have enjoyed it each time I've heard it since them.

8. Time of My Life by David Cook * I like David and all, but I'm slightly horrified that I like this song written by those horribly writers at Idol.

9. Lost in This Moment by Big and Rich * Big and Rich annoy me to no end. I would love to never see their faces again. And I tried to fight this song, but it just didn't work.

10. This is Halloween by Marilyn Manson * This version was done for an anniversary edition of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Marilyn Manson is gross, so I have issues with the fact that I enjoy his version of what is (in my mind) a classic. Hubby doesn't like it, and struggles with me liking it.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com



Tomorrow's the last day! And it's not going to be what I listed last week. I thought about it this week and thought of something appropriate to the timing.

No comments: