Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Music Week: Good Songs

So I can't really just say that these are good songs. But when I hear them I can't help but smile because they remind me of something that made me happy. It was hard to find songs that weren't all about hubby. But I couldn't help but include two of them...

Music player follows the list again.

1. She's Everything by Brad Paisley * I've mentioned my love for Brad Paisley before. This song came out after hubby had proposed. We thought we had our song, but then this one came out. He asked me if I had heard it one day, and I said no. He told me, "This is our song. As soon as I heard it I decided." Then the next time we were in the car it came on and he turned it up. And being a big, fat, sissy girl I almost cried. So in case you had no clue, that's our song from our wedding.

2. Little Moments by Brad Paisley * This was going to be our song. The first time we heard it hubby laughed because he does remember the first time he heard me curse. And he was dying laughing when he heard it, because I didn't know he heard it. So we can't help but laugh when this one comes on.

3. I'll Be by Edwin McCain * Every girl should have something sung to her by a guy who can actually sing. This song was that first (actually only) song sung to me. And even though the guy ended up being more self-centered than I originally realized, I can't help but still like the song.

4. Roxanne by The Police * I mentioned this on my dad's birthday. Dad gets credit for my appreciation of classic rock. Especially this song. I hear it and think of dad. It's even his ringtone on my phone.

5. Slow Ride by Foghat * My nephew sings this. It was the first song he learned that didn't come straight from the kids' section at a music store. He still loves it, and I love to watch him play his air guitar with it.

6. Where It's At by Beck * So it's funny that I had a comment about omitting this song yesterday. I knew all along it would be used today. The summer between my freshman and sophomore year we had two interns from church staying with us. I was always the oldest so it was weird having these two college guys at our house. I automatically got two older brothers. And this song was big that summer. So it was sung (A LOT) in the car. Complete with sound effects.

7. Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi * Hubby and I argue about this song. He says it's the Young Guns song. For me, it's the Me & Ed's song. My brother worked at this pizza place when we were in high school. And this song was in their juke box. And everyone sang it loudly while closing. And to this day, my brother and I can't hear it without singing it - loudly.

8. Low by Flo Rida * Did I even spell that dude's name right? I don't listen to this type of music much. But some of you may recall that we had the upstairs neighbors from hell last year when we moved in. Well, we were pretty stoked when we found out they were leaving. One night, I came by the apartment with my sis and two of my cousins. Sis, one cousin, and myself were pretty toasted. So we pulled up with the radio loud. Then this song started. So the three of us got out of the car while my other cousin kept it running for us. And we danced. And sang. Loudly. There may have been some unnecessary dancing around the neighbors' truck AS THEY PUT CRAP IN THE BACK OF IT. Yup, we pretty much celebrated their departure as they made it.

9. Music of the Night from The Phantom of the Opera * I was obsessed with the movie before I got to see the performance on stage. And I knew that this song would be the one that would make or break it for me. And when we saw it in Vegas a couple years ago, I teared up a little at this song. Because it was that good, and I knew I would not be disappointed. (And actually the version on the player is from the movie, oh well.)

10. The Fishing Song (I'm Gonna Miss Her) by Brad Paisley * It's a funny song in the first place. But my grandpa LOVES it. And we were pretty stoked to get Brad Paisley tickets for him last summer. So the song ends up reminding me of grandpa, which is fine by me.


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com



There's your happy/good songs from me. Once again, my buddy James is participating if you want to wander your way over there. And feel free to leave me some comments sharing some of your favorites!

No comments: