Wednesday, February 24, 2010

American Idol - Top 12 Boys

Yay! Boys' turn tonight! Can't wait to hear Andrew (who it looks like will be going last if they're going by the order of introductions).

Todrick Hall: He super reminds me of someone, but I don't know who. Kind of a guy I went to high school with. He's singing "Since You Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson. Um, he turned it into a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SONG. It's not really my taste, but it's good. He sounds good. I can imagine hearing him on the radio with this version. Ellen is grinning madly. She liked him. Randy thought he changed it TOO much. I love the original, but I could still appreciate his version. Kara agreed with Randy. Simon thought the arrangement was "crazy." He said he murdered the song. Ouch.

Aaron Kelly: I haven't loved him so far. He's good, but just not a favorite. He's doing "Here Comes Goodbye" by Rascal Flatts. Not loving it. Rascal Flatts seems tough for people on this show. Hubby's not likin' it either. Simon liked it. Whaaa? But he said he doesn't look confident at all. Kara liked him. Randy liked him, but at least he mentioned there were pitchy moments. Ellen loves him. I'm questioning if I need to go clean my ears or something.

Jermaine Sellers: He's singing "Get Here" by Oleta Adams (I think?). There were some rough moments at the start. And a couple more later. Meh. Ellen thought he was pushing a little too much. Randy thought he was trying too much vocally. Kara blabbed along the same lines as the other two. Simon didn't like the choice and said he tried to oversing it.

Tim Urban: He was a last-minute replacement for someone who was determined ineligible. He's singing One Republic's "Apologize." I'm not a fan of this song. Just don't like it. Ouch. Why did he pick this??? He has trouble with the high notes... which there are plenty of. Poor guy's probably not around for long. Simon is brutal. He said that their original decision not to put him through was right on. Kara gave me drinking arsenal (I should really start playing that game). Randy said it was the wrong song (and mentioned the failed falsetto). Ellen tried to compliment him by calling him adorable (five hundred times), but didn't like the singing.

Joe Munoz: I vaguely remember him from auditions and Hollywood. He's singing "You and I Both" by Jason Mraz. He's good. Not sure if he's great. He has some really good moments though. And he's WAY better than a couple guys already. Ellen liked him a lot. Randy didn't think the song choice was perfect, but he like it anyway. Kara liked him best so far. Simon liked him but pretty much said he wouldn't buy him as a star.

Tyler Grady: I did NOT take him seriously at his audition. I thought he was going to be awful. But he's kind of fun. He's singing "American Woman." This is SO PERFECT for him. He's totally enjoying himself, which makes me like him more. Vocals aren't perfect, but he's a great performer. Simon said it was memorable, but for the wrong reasons. Kara kind of agreed which is funny because she liked him a lot up until now. Randy called it "style over substance." Ellen said he needs to work more.

Lee Dewyze: He pretty much came out of nowhere. But I loved him in Hollywood when he sang The Fray. Tonight he's singing "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. He's also playing his guitar tonight. It's good, but sadly not great. I still like him though. Ellen liked the choice, loves the tone of his voice, but there were rough parts. Randy didn't like the song choice. Kara is making no sense. Simon loved it and called it the best performance tonight. Wow.

John Park: This is the guy that Shania Twain hit on (or something). Maybe she was drunk. He's doing "God Bless the Child." I don't like the song choice. I'm a little bored by it. All of ten seconds in. Yeah, I don't really like it. Which is too bad, because I like him. Simon thought it was flat and pointless. Kara agreed and even threw out the word "indulgent." Randy liked his voice, just not the song. Ellen didn't understand his song choice, but still liked the performance.

Michael Lynche a.k.a. Big Mike: I LOVE Big Mike. He's huge. And adorable. And I almost cried when his baby was born and he was on the phone with his wife. He's singing "This Love" by Maroon 5. And he's playing his guitar. It's good, but I feel like it could be better. I don't know. I'm guessing he's so lovable he'll get through anyway. Ellen loved him. Randy liked him. Kara liked it, but didn't think it was great. Simon looks pissy. He didn't think he delivered enough.

Alex Lambert: He's singing "Wonderful World" by James Morrison. Not great. And what's with the hair looking suspiciously like a mullet? It's distracting me from the singing. Anyway, yeah, not great. Simon called it uncomfortable (I agree) but did say he has a good voice. Kara liked him (I think that's what all her words meant). Randy loves his voice. Ellen mentioned the mullet (okay, so I'm not imagining things). She compared him to an unripe banana. This is just one reason I love her. She told him to "ripen."

Casey James: Not gonna lie, LOVE him. I tweeted that he's like a cleaner version of Sawyer. *sigh* He's singing "Heaven" by Bryan Adams. And I like it. And that's not just me looking at his prettiness. Or his half-unbuttoned shirt. And seriously, Kara needs to BACK UP AND QUIT BEING RIDICULOUS. Kara is on drugs and making no sense. Ellen said she could feel Kara undressing him with her eyes. Randy liked him, liked the song choice. Kara attempts to tell him he's good, but can't help hitting on him in the process. Simon loved his song choice and called him honest and sincere.

Andrew Garcia: Ohhhh the man who made my husband like a Paula Abdul song. I almost cried when he made it to the Top 24. Seriously. He was so overwhelmed. He picked "Sugar We're Going Down" by Fallout Boy. Acoustic... that's the way to my heart. haha And it's pretty different from the original, which is fine with me. Simon was disappointed. It wasn't original enough for him. Kara thought it was a strange rendition. Randy said he's a fan even if he didn't love this song. Ellen liked him. All the judges mentioned how much they still love his rendition of "Straight Up."

Jermaine, Tim, Tyler or John. I think they'll be in trouble the most. We shall see tomorrow. I doubt I'll write a full blog on the results show. But I'll put the results up for those who like to see my take on them.

No comments: