Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cupcakes! For a Shower!

So Saturday we (my mom and I) threw a bridal shower for my sister-in-law. We're overachievers so there was a ton of food and super cute centerpieces (that I stupidly DIDN'T take a picture of).

And there were cupcakes.

There were chocolate cupcakes with cappuccino frosting. Some had plastic skull rings on top (just for Beth, she's weird like that) and the rest had coffee beans. Then there was a lemon white chocolate cupcake with lemon buttercream (with fake bling or white chocolate chips on top). They went over pretty well and hubby got to take some to work this morning. I think he's ready for me to make the lemon white chocolate again.

So it really did turn out well. The day was way hotter than we would have liked. But isn't that how it goes? But the food was awesome, Beth got some good stuff, and everyone had fun. And just so this looks like it's about the bridal shower and not all about me, here's the bride-to-be.


Yeah, that's an Easter card you see. My husband's family is... interesting.

No comments: