Monday, July 21, 2008

Movies

So we came home from our vacation on Friday. And Tim still had three days off. So we didn't want to just sit around without anything to look forward to. So we went to the movies. Three days in a row. Yay! I love movies!

Friday night we found out that one of the theaters here in town is $3 shows. All the time. So we checked out what they were showing. Iron Man! We were seriously lagging (not to mention slightly busy being newlyweds and finishing school) and hadn't seen it yet. So we were super stoked to find out it was showing for three bucks. Saturday we woke up late, hung out, then went to an afternoon show. And can I just tell ya... LOVED it. I kind of love Robert Downey Jr. now. Even though he was every feminist's nightmare in that movie. He was hilarious. And pretty stinkin' nice to look at. I also know it was good because normally I don't particularly enjoy Gweneth Paltrow, but she didn't bug me in this movie. I feel like the big battle could have been bigger, but oh well. So yeah, we caught our movie and came home happy.

Sunday we decided to see Hellboy 2. We both loved the first one. So we went to another afternoon one (gotta save money where we can). Great movie. Even if I did have to give the death look to the family behind me that let their kid kick my chair five or six times. I think the kid was scared when they left after the movie. I'm scary to little ones... anyway. Yes, movie was awesome. I was kind of hoping that we would get a glimpse of **SPOILERS** the little spawn of Hellboy. But oh well. I've gotta say Guillermo Del Toro is a super crazy, super talented man. You know he had fun coming up with all those monsters. Although the elf-people-things were ugly. Not even a normal ugly, but ugly enough that I kind of hated them. What was funny was that their look, language, weapons, everything, reminded me of the elves in LOTR. Tim said the same thing. But overall, loved the movie. Must buy it when it comes out.

Today... *glorious sound of angels singing* The Dark Knight. I've been stoked for this since... a long time. I heart Christian Bale. Oh so much. He's totally the best Batman ever. Throw in the super smooth Michael Caine and what is supposed to be the best performance Ledger ever gave, and I was so ready to go. We waited until today hoping it would be less crowded. And it totally worked. There was a group of five little teenage turds that laughed more than necessary, made a couple comments that were just audible enough to irritate... I gladly would have choked those asshats out, but the interference was minimal enough that I didn't have to do anything that would get me in trouble. Anywho, it was so awesome. No dull moments, and the last part was so freakin' intense I'm not totally sure I even blinked. I think I may have been thinking too much, because even moments where Ledger was supposed to make you laugh were only eliciting a smile from me. I wasn't sure how I would feel watching his last completed movie. And yeah, I was a little upset seeing his name with the dedication/memorial thing in the credits. But wow. I told Tim and another friend that I need to see it a few more times to even get every theme and message that were thrown in there. And I probably will see it again, but I might wait for the $3 shows.

So what's next? Well, I'll be waiting for plenty to be at the $3 theater. Like the kid movies that I didn't see. I'd like to take my nephew to Wall-E. I told my brother and cousin that we would go see Step Brothers. Because that's what we do with Will Ferrell movies, go as a group and laugh our asses off.

So that's it. Now that the big superhero movies are out of the way, I can feel the end of summer sneaking up on us. And it's depressing. But I'm gonna enjoy the rest of it. Who else is up for some good times?

No comments: