Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Fourth

Hope everyone had a good time yesterday. Nothing like celebrating our country with barbecue, alcohol, and explosives. Right?

So normally in my family we all get together at someone's house, but this year it was a no go. So we made our own plans. We decided to go to my sister's (okay, sister-in-law) and celebrate with food, and more alcohol than we knew what to do with. It was a good time. Some highlights for ya:

Beth and I cooked until my cousin got there. Then we went on our alcohol run. I had already brought a ginormous bottle of Malibu (best ever!). We picked up a 24 pack of Corona, a 12 pack of Blue Moon Honey Ale, and three 6 packs of girly stuff (ya know, Mike's, Smirnoff). The guy that helped us out to the car wanted to come with us I think.

Then there was Beth's firework stand "boyfriend." haha... Down the street from Beth's there was a firework stand and one of the guys working there had been walking around shirtless the whole time the stand was open. So Beth hollered out the car at him when we passed once. And as we continued to drink, we decided it was time to go get some fireworks and talk to her boyfriend. Because as everyone knows, drunk ideas are the best ones. I decided I was still okay to drive so me, Beth, our two cousins, and Beth's oldest son hopped in the car. I told Cole (my nephew) to call me mom so we wouldn't ruin Beth's fun. He played along pretty well, even calling her "Auntie Beth." So we go down there and are trying to sneak a picture of the guy, and a girl working the booth says, "Oh, do you want a picture of the shirtless guy? I'll send him out here." And she did! So we have a picture of him and Beth. Then she cursed us for embarrassing her the rest of the night.

Then getting home was an ordeal. Micah and I decided to leave a little after midnight. Buuuut, the car battery was dead. Because us being brilliant and ghetto at the same time, we used the car on the lawn for playing our CDs. We had fun dancing on the porch and stuff, but now the car wouldn't start. So we tried calling my brother-in-law: no answer. We tried Beth's new friends across the street. No jumper cables. Finally we got ahold of Beth's on/off boyfriend and he had some. So I had to drive Beth's mommy van across town to get him at almost two in the morning (yeah, it took that long to find cables). But we got the car started so all ended well.

I have to say, even though Beth lives in the semi-ghetto, we got to see a lot of fireworks (of the illegal variety). So that was fun. We took easily over a hundred pics as the night wore on and we thought things were funnier and funnier.

Hope everyone else had a good one. I've got ideas brewing for my future blogs and the subjects look promising!

No comments: