Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's December!!!

Okay, for me it's acceptable to bust out the Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving. No sooner than that. And seeing as how it's officially the month of Christmas, I thought I'd share some of my faves with you.

1. Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby and David Bowie I got the appreciation for this one from my mommy. I was raised on White Christmas so I had a love for Bing at an early age (no, not a crush, just LOVED listening to him sing). This is just a great song. Bing and David sound spectacular together.

2. White Christmas - Bing Crosby This is pretty much the only acceptable version of this song for me. Once again, raised on the movie. The scene at the beginning, when he sings it in the army... I love that.

3. Christmastime is Here - Vince Guaraldi (Charlie Brown Christmas) Only one of my favorite Christmas movies. This song is even a ringtone on my phone right now.

4. Baby It's Cold Outside - Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel My love for this song isn't only because of my massive girl crush on Miss Zooey. It's just perfect. I loved her little version in Elf. Turn this one up.

5. Santa Baby - Pussycat Dolls Hey, if you're going to market yourselves as a skanky girl group you have to do this song. And I love their showy version. It's fun.

6. My Grown Up Christmas List - Kelly Clarkson Okay, I actually wanted the Michael Buble version of this one, but couldn't find it. Regardless, this is a beautiful song. I remember mom cried the first time she heard it (back in the day, the Amy Grant version).

7. O Holy Night - Martina McBride I was hesitant to put a live version on the playlist, but Martina ROCKS this song. This is another song that can't be messed with. You have to do it right for me to like it. It could possibly be my favorite.

8. What Child Is This? - Third Day Third Day is one of the few Christian groups I would actually like to see. They sing some of my favorite worship songs. And every Christmas song they sing is pretty high up on my scale.

9. Happy Christmas - John Lennon I remember liking this one when I was little. And I still do.

10. Christmas Song - Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds I remember hearing this in high school and LOVING it. I love Dave anyway, this song just solidified it.

11. Born on Christmas Day - Brad Paisley I got chills the first time I heard this, mainly because he wrote it when he was so young! The man is talented. And apparently has been for a little while.

12. Kung Pao Buckaroo Holiday - Brad Paisley and the Kung Pao Buckaroos (George Jones, Little Jimmy Dickens, Bill Anderson, Bill Engvall) If you've listened to a Brad Paisley CD, you know who the Kung Pao Buckaroos are. If not... well, you just won't get it. But I promise it's funny. This one is the best with it's mocking of political correctness. I think I cried laughing the first time I heard it. Because political correctness is such a joke. Seriously, just give it a shot and listen. You'll laugh.

13. Wonderful Christmas Time - Demi Lovato I'm not usually one for stuff that "the kids" are into. But I heard this on a Target commercial... last year maybe? And I like her version.

14. Oi! To The World - No Doubt Dude, this is when No Doubt was totally ska. And it's so awesome! This was one of my favorites in high school.

15. Funky Funky Christmas - New Kids on the Block That's right. Die laughing right now. While looking for other songs I got the bright idea to search for this song. It is so fabulously cheesy. And I still know all the words. I may put it on a CD and torture hubby with its awesome badness.

So enjoy some Christmas music today! We only have 25 days to do so!

**EDIT**

Sorry. Apparently MixPod is determined to be a massive jerkface and say it's empty when I post it. So here's a link to all the fun stuff. I'll keep working on trying to embed it.

Christmas music

No comments: