Thursday, July 2, 2009

Discuss

I'm going some blog-stalking and came across a FABULOUS pair of shoes that are slightly vintagey, slightly naughty, and way hot! But I didn't look at the price because chances of me being able to afford them are pretty stinking slim...

But hubby saw my expression and asked what was up. I told him, "Shoes." And then he told me that he saw Beyonce in a tabloid recently (probably bored at work) and her shoes (which he says "look like someone went to the dump, found scraps, and attached them to a shoe bottom") apparently cost $4,600. Did you miss that?

$4,600 for butt ugly shoes

He then proceeded to say, "And you know she didn't pay for them. They were totally given to her."

Which brings me to a question: why do the ridiculously rich celebs get free crap? Like, an insane amount of free crap. The people who can afford it don't always have to pay for it.

I can honestly say that if for any reason I was famous (which I have no talent so that's not gonna happen) I would pay for my stuff. What Louis Vuitton? You want to give me your new bag for spring? Let me pay for it. Designer gowns Carolina Herrera? How about I just bring my cousins to pick out prom dresses instead?

Seriously, I would so rather give the free stuff to someone who had no chance of owning something so fabulous otherwise. So discuss (like any of you actually discuss in my comments, ha!). Would you take freebies as a celeb who could more than afford them?

2 comments:

Hazc said...

I can say, at this moment, that I'd rather pay for the things that I have, but I'm not faced with the opportunity currently. It's like saying, "If I had to chose between saving myself or saving someone else, I'd save them". Nice to think, but would you really in that situation? But I digress. I don't think I'd want things just given to me.

MalContent said...

The actual reason they get the swag is because the companies doing the giving figure (rightly) that seeing celebrities wearing their stuff would make the lemmings buy them. So it's a good investment for them.

So in a way, the celeb IS paying for it in one of the purest coins they have: Their image.

If it were me, personally? Eh, I dunno. I'm not much for stuff for the sake of stuff.