Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just Call Me Doubting Typhoid

Oh American Idol... why did I doubt you? I do miss Simon, let's just get that out there right now. But I pink puffy heart Steven Tyler. See, my dad raised me listening to GOOD music (AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and the list goes on). So I seriously love Steven Tyler.

Wait. First things first.

Yes, I'm watching Idol this season. After I swore I wouldn't with Simon gone. Tonight did not disappoint, but there was the typical excessive amount of filler. I got through the whole show in about an hour and fifteen minutes. (Thank you DVR.)

Okay, Randy is still annoying. I didn't miss him a bit. Jennifer Lopez... meh. I was never a huge fan of hers, but I didn't dislike her either. She's in some decent movies. Hubby has a strong dislike for her so he had some amusing comments. But Steven Tyler... oh that man. I may have been the only first grader in my class who could recognize him. My dad had Aerosmith cassettes for days (I just 'fessed up to cassettes, showing my age much?). He has taken the weirdness that Paula brought and made it better because he just CAN. I'm going to enjoy watching him.

So the contestants... plenty of good ones. The typical bad ones. One that could sing but made me want to punch her in the throat (the girl with the drawl so strong that it sounded fake). And let me just say this now: sign me up for the Travis Orlando fan club. Ya know, the last kid who was absolutely adorable? Yes. Yes. And yes. If I was 16 I would be crushing. But I'm kind of far past that age...

Anyway, I imagine I will blog the season much like I did in the past. The only difference is that it won't be live blogging this year. *sads* I finally miss something about my laptop. I guess this means I'll be taking notes every night and spewing my thoughts after the show. But I promise I'll try my best to be just as clever and slightly snarky.

Because you know that's what you come for. Now go do your happy dance that I'm blogging this ridiculous show for yet another season. :)

No comments: