Thursday, January 27, 2011

January Books

I know, January isn't over. But there's less than a week left and unless I hole up and ignore the world this weekend, I'm not going to finish another book in this month.

So I have an app on Facebook that helps me keep track of the books I've been reading. I did it last year and didn't do so hot. I guess starting a brand new job and feeling a bit overwhelmed will do that. Now that I'm halfway through my first year I'm feeling much better about my time management and I've actually been able to read three books this month. So I'm going to pretend you care about what I do in my free time and share them with you.

Just finished this one Monday night. It only took me... four days or so. It's a quick read. Fun. Not the strongest writing so if you're looking for something thought-provoking you can skip it. But I still enjoyed it. Doesn't hurt that I got for about five bucks at a sale.

Had been wanting to read this for awhile. Mentioned it to my mom late last year and she bought it for me. Then it took me some time to get to it. But I liked it. I don't think it quite qualifies as self-help. But it's definitely one that makes you step back and look at your relationships. Not in a negative light at all. I'm kind of hoping hubby wants to read it next.

Ohhhh and this one. I was late to the game on this one. This was the first one I read this year. Started it New Year's Day since I was home by myself and it was raining. Finished it in the wee hours on January 2. Yup, it was that good. Now I need to read the other two. NEED.

If I remember I'll do this again in February. We'll see if the list manages to be as long. It could be. I have a full week off in February. And I'm getting a new book to go to a certain book signing this month... but you'll have to hear about that later. :)

No comments: