Saturday, January 22, 2011

*Check*

If you take a peek at my sidebar, you'll see I crossed something off my 30 Before 30 list. And it only took... (checks calendar) over a month! At this rate... yeah, I better pick up the pace.

I made brownies. From scratch.

See this is kind of a big deal. Because my mom may or may not have said she'd disown me (okay, it was "not") if I didn't just try it. I've always used boxes. And they work fine for me. They're easy! But her recipe is a one-bowl recipe. I like the idea that there's only one big bowl to lick... I mean, clean. Yeah... clean.

So I finally made brownies after work yesterday. And, um, they were kind of super easy. Not quite as fast as a box mix because I had to melt the chocolate. But still ridonk easy. And as far as I know, everyone at our meeting last night liked 'em. Tad liked 'em. And when I got home hubby said I can feel free to make them again.

So there mom. You were right.

No comments: