Tuesday, January 3, 2012

5 Things

We went to Yosemite yesterday. Apparently it's a big deal to others that I can just drive there for a day trip. Apparently I take that for granted. I started thinking about it, and even though this state and its constant nannying frustrate me mostly, there are some good things about it.

5 Things I Like About California
  1. I can drive to the beach just for a day. Not a long drive. Actually, we have a TON of beaches to choose from!
  2. I can drive to Yosemite or any other part of the Sierra Nevadas. Relatively quickly. I can even do it straight from a beach trip.
  3. Disneyland. 'Nuf said.
  4. Our baseball teams. Also driving distance for a day trip.
  5. The fact that people in other states still feel like we're a "big deal" out here. Before I started this blog I took a trip to Alabama to visit family. While there I was introduced to a younger cousin. When she found out I was from California her eyes got big and she said, "Y'all are from California? What's it like?" It wasn't the question so much as the way she asked it. Like I had been to the moon or something. She's aware she was the highlight of my trip. :)
Sooooo... we're off to do... things not exclusive to California today. Movies maybe, some archery practice for the Tad. Happy Tuesday!

No comments: