Thursday, March 1, 2012

American Idol - Official Top 13

Why is Jennifer wearing a sparkly paper sack tonight? Um...

So I'll be honest and confess that I just went ahead and read the spoilers to find out who's staying before I even watched. Results always feel like they take too long. And I was in a mood so I just decided, "Go for it!"

I'm so happy I have friends at work who watch this. It makes it so fun!

So let's do this. America voted in ten finalists. From those the judges will pick three more "wild cards."

Guys are up first. I have to throw out the best comment in a write up I read this week. Chase looks like Robert Pattinson and Brenden Fraser had a baby. I just paused so hubby could look. Go find a pic. For reals. You won't be able to unsee it.

Hey, um... why did we have to bring in Jimmy already? I can't stand that guy! Although he did say he would sign Phillip RIGHT NOW. And I love that.

I'm not even nervous because I know who's going through. I am gloating though. And squealing in anticipation. I do still feel bad for Jeremy. He's so good. Aaaand IT'S PHILLIIIIIPPPPP!!!! Pink sparkly hearts everywhere!!!!

Girls up... no sympathy for Brielle here. Not a fan. And poor Hallie looks so giant next to tiny Jessica and Hollie. Happy that the two of them made it.

Commercial. Candy break. Texting with my friend Kristie (hey girrrl!!! Shout out! haha)

Boys again. I loathe Jimmy more for disliking Heejun. You leave my boy alone! AHAHAHA!!! Heejun busted him by answering Ryan's question about Jimmy with... "Who's that?" I died. And applauded. So going through... Joshua and Heejun! Yay-yuh!!! I really wasn't sure Heejun would make it, but I'm glad he did. He is so far from boring. Also, pretty sure he and my Phil have a bromance going on.

Girls' turn. Shannon is such a giant. A pretty giant, but a giant. Baylie's dress is fab. I want it. But I guess I should get to the important stuff. Shannon and Skylar are through. Let's be honest here, I want Skylar to leave. She bugs. Just sayin'.

Boys again. Jimmy being obnoxious again. I think people hate Jimmy so anyone he hates they'll love. I think this particular group was pretty messed up. Why call up three guys that aren't even in the top 10? Ouch.

Ladies... and Elise is through. I liked her, but I'm a little irritated she's been sitting through this whole episode looking depressed. At least fake positivity.

Lots of screams for Colton... I approve. ;) Deandre's hair also stole the show right now. And Colton is through. More hearts and unicorns. lol And then the last spot goes to Jermaine. Which honestly surprised me because I thought Eben would have the Bieber factor going for him.

So now six contestants get a chance for wild card. Basically, sing for your life. The judges chose...
  • Jen Hirsh - She chose "Oh Darlin'" which I LOVE. Great song. She started a little tame and had me worried, but then she went for it and I enjoyed myself. 
  • Jeremy Rosado - I couldn't hear what he said he was singing. LOOK AT JENNIFER LOOK AT HIM. She wants to squeeze him. So do I. The kid has a voice and I love him. And he cried!!! Werk it Jeremy! America loves you right now. Myself and my BFF Jennifer included.
  • Brielle Von Hugel - Attacking Ryan with your overzealous hug is probably not the way to go. She sounds pretty good, but then the camera went to Phil and I pretty much blocked out everything else and saw hearts and rainbows and puppies. I also wish they would quit showing momager. I might like Brielle more without her in the camera every other minute. Ouch... the judges are pretty brutal.
  • Deandre Brackensick - My friend and I were discussing how he is just a swoon-worthy young man. And I confessed that I feel too old and inappropriate and cougar-ish for loving these young boys. BUT HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE HIM? Boy has some serious hairography! Plus that voice... he's a yes. Please.
  • Erika Van Pelt - She picked Lady Gaga which is usually enough to turn me off... but she's good. I totally forgive her. She's totally real and passionate and I truly enjoy her.
  • Reed Grimm - He's so weird. In a fun way. Hey Reed, can you come sing at my next party??? He wears me out just watching him all over that stage.
So moment of truth... the three wild cards are... Erika, Jeremy (who promptly dropped to his knees and made me and my girl Jennifer tear up), and Deandre.

So our top 13 is:
  1. Phillip Phillips
  2. Jessica Sanchez
  3. Hollie Cavanaugh
  4. Joshua Ledet
  5. Heejun Han
  6. Shannon Magrane
  7. Skylar Laine
  8. Elise Testone
  9. Colton Dixon
  10. Jermaine Jones
  11. Erika Van Pelt
  12. Jeremy Rosado
  13. Deandre Brackensick
A'ight. Off to gush about Phil. Thank goodness I have a husband who lets me gush and be a nerd. :) Next week they're doing a tribute to Whitney. Shall we place bets on who's singing the song from The Bodyguard?

No comments: