Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Note About Children

So my four year old nephew is sitting here watching SpongeBob as I'm writing. And when he was at my mom's last week, my uncle made an observation that I am still laughing at.

What is it about little kids and their attention span? They can be running around crazy with no focus one minute, and be so focused the next minute that you have to poke them or tickle them to get their attention. It's funny to watch their faces when they're focused.

My nephew has a few things he loves. Disney's Cars, Transformers, SpongeBob, Batman... okay, maybe he has a lot of things he loves. Haha... buy when one of those is on, I could collapse in a corner and he wouldn't notice. He neglects his food, he ignores me, and almost goes into a trance. It's amusing. And helpful when I need to take a shower... like right now.

Just a random observation for ya. Check out a kid when they're watching one of their favorite movie or show. And be envious of that concentration.

No comments: