Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday Wish List

It's back! I enjoy looking around for fun stuff, so of course the wish list had to be back.

I don't know what it is, but lately I've been in love with tulle. It's so pretty and princessy and fun. I hate sewing on it, but I love looking at it. And there are some seriously cute things out there made with tulle. So that's what I'm sharing today. Of course everything comes from Etsy.

And just so you know, I may or may not be motivated by an upcoming wedding. My best friend Lauren got engaged a week before Christmas (there was much squealing over the phone when she told me). And just a couple days ago she asked me to be a bridesmaid. Of course I said yes! So if I seem a little focused on pretty frills, that's why.

This is a completely useless shrug. It would provide no warmth and minimal coverage. It reminds me of Clueless when Cher's dad tells her to put something on over her dress, and she puts a sheer little jacket on. Anyway, regardless of the usefulness I love it. It would make a cute addition to a bridesmaid dress, or bride. (via RomancingJuliet)


I'm not too in love with the fact that white tulle was used for this hairpiece. But I had to throw it in because I just saw those exact balls at a craft store the other day. I wanted a reason to buy them, but their colors don't go with my house (they're on a pick in Christmas clearance). I think I'll have to go back and buy them now. How did I not think of a hair accessory??? (via JGless330)


This is mighty pretty. I've been wanting to try out some stuff like this, but don't have the right kind of scraps laying around. Apparently burning the edges just a bit is what makes them curl? I may have to try this now. Because I'm in love with this gold one. (via GMPurseanalities)


This is a belt. You can't tell so much from the pictures, but it is. It would be cute to fancy up a plain dress. Or over a cardigan. I want to try one of these too. (via Silverpencils)


Um, I love this. Very, very much. Would I have any reason to wear it? Not really. But it's fabulous. And that striped top just kills me. I don't know why, but it makes the whole dress that much cooler. (via ouma)

This one is cute too. It's plain, it can be dyed, and I think it would be the funnest bridesmaid dress ever. EVER. (via ouma)

And this. Yeah, pretty much the same as the previous two. But I still love it. And may dream about it. I think I would feel like a little girl playing ballerina in it. Which is slightly ridiculous, but whatev. (via ouma - again!)

This one is different. And if I were to order this one in particular I would have some chesticle issues. Because I am not exactly built like a little boy. But back to the dress... I could almost consider wearing this one in public. People would probably still stare. I mean, it's a poufy tulle skirt. But I would seriously consider rocking it. (via glossvegas)

There you are friends! My list is a little on the expensive side today, but the dresses are so frivolous that it doesn't matter much.

Except that I really want to run through a field wearing a poufy tulle dress now...

No comments: