Sunday, December 14, 2008

Quickie

Just something for you loyal friends to read while I'm gone. Another survey, but it's a Christmas edition! *thanks to Bon for forwarding it through email a while back*

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
At Christmas, always paper. And it's always coordinating. Bags only happen for exceptionally large or exceptionally small presents.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
This year, real. Probably real for at least a couple years. But we will get artificial at some point down the road.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Whenever we get time, but sooner is better than later.

4. When do you take the tree down?
We'll see when we do it. Around New Year's probably.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Nope. I'll pass.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Right now I'm awfully reminiscent for the Nintendo we got as kids.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My dad is pretty difficult sometimes. I have to get an explicit response from him or ask my mom what he needs every year.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
We don't. I don't know if I'll get one or not. Oooh, would it be wrong if I made one with Nightmare Before Christmas characters?!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail for sure.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Hmmm... I'd have to think on that one. Maybe a sweater that wasn't really my style?

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
It's a three-way tie: Peanuts (gotta dance with mom!), Elf (love love love it), and White Christmas (aMAzing)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Depends. Sometimes I start early if I find something that will be perfect.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Nope. But I've contemplated it.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
I can't pick one. Christmas Eve is tamales. Christmas day is an insane amount of food that makes me feel fat all day (yay for Chex mix!).

16. Lights on the tree?
Already there, and they're the multicolored.

17. Favorite Christmas songs?
I like lots of them. But I'm pretty partial to Michael Buble right now.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Furthest we travel is Madera.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Ummm... Rudolph, Donner, Blitzen, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Dasher, Comet, Cupid... I did it! I totally had to sing the song though.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither this year. Haha... there's a Jack Skellington who looks like he has hydrocephalus perched at the top of my tree.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We do presents with my dad's side on Christmas Eve, everyone else is Christmas morning and day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
That there's a (yet-to-be-proven) correlation between holiday shopping and dropping IQs. Have some patience people! And move your shopping cart from behind my car!!!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Bright colors with white (hot pink, turquoise, lime green, orange, red... matches my sheets).

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Our dinner is typically lots of choices, we don't do a big turkey or anything.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
All I want for now is good weather for Tad's first trip to Disneyland.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
Nobody. I'm not really forwarding it.

No comments: