Thursday, August 14, 2008

School is back

And I'm kind of nervcited. Like my new word? You can guess which two words I blended together. I'm all about word coinage lately.

So yeah, nervcited. Went to a meeting/orientation today. Not bad, they fed us lunch. Free food is always appreciated by this grad student! I met my new mentor and found out a little about how my last semester is going to be.

That's right. This is my last semester. Monday will be my last first day of school as a student. My next first day will be as a teacher. Crazy, huh? I can't believe I'm finally going to be done!

So I found out what school I'm placed at and it's a short walk away from where my honey and my mom work. haha How does that work out? So we can carpool sometimes, which is always nice with today's ridonkulous gas prices. It's also the same layout as my first elementary school (I attended two) so it'll be a little deja vuish. I called the school today to try and talk to the teacher (they recommend we do that), but she wasn't in. But the secretary was super nice and said they were excited for us (there are two of us from my school coming) to be there on Monday! I like to hear things like that.

Orientation was also nice because I got to catch up with my friends. Turns out my friend, Raine (don't you love her name?), has worked with the teacher I got before. And she loved her. Also always a relief to hear. I wasn't dreading it or anything, but it's always good to hear that the teacher is easy to work with. Because this master teacher has some serious competition. My previous master teacher was great. His teaching style was really similar to what I already had in mind, he let me jump right in and work with the kids... he rocks. He was also the videographer for my wedding and told my mom and my husband how much he loved having me in class. Not trying to brag, but who wouldn't love hearing that from someone who's been teaching for a while? So it sounds like this teacher may be just as awesome. I also heard she's got a crazy good organization system, so I'll be taking notes! It just takes a little stress off me, which is nice.

So just thought I'd clue everyone in to what's going on with school. I seriously can't believe this is my last semester. It felt like it would never be here. But I'm ready. I think...

No comments: